Tuesday, December 29, 2015

How I do Snow Bases for Frostgrave

I've gotten a lot of question about how I am doing winter bases so here it is. You can also see this tutorial and the completed figures over on the Winter Challenge page  so if you would rather head over there now.
 First I paint the base (I use a 1" stainless steel washer) with a mix of white glue (Modge Podge) and a brown paint.
 Then I cover them with sand (any gritty material should work) and let them dry, at least 30 minutes
 after its dry enough to work with put on another layer of glue and paint (no specific ratio just "enough")
Then I add the snow flock, I use Army Painters snow flock.
 Then let them dry 30 minutes to an hour and shake the excess back into the tub...
 I then use plain white glue to add an additional layer of snow flock if needed...
 I add tufts of grass at the same time so they look like they are poking out of the snow and not sitting on top of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment