Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Remote Gaming: Cat and Mouse French and American

 I'm playing this Scenario a lot because I hope to run it at the Lets Roll convention last night I was facing Mark McLaughlin in a French frigate.  I ran two US Brigs I had planned to try to keep them together but couldn't resist getting them both into firing position on turn two.  Mark cut across my second brigs bow doing 5 of damage.
Once again I find myself fighting one on one with the Frigate and that isn't a winning plan for a brig.
After a few more turn of fire my second brig is forced to strike by Mark's well aimed fire.  My brig and its consort manage a few hits as well but with one of them engaging at long range the damage is limited. 
  I get a little luck as Mark's frigate missed with all guns for the first time that night. 
I manage some good hits but I'm bobcat nipping at a tiger and after several turns of long-range fire during which I score hits but cannot do critical damage Mark again maneuvers to cross my Brig.  He hurts me and being 4.5 inches in front of me a collision is imminent.  I would like to board by Mark is at Full sails so boarding is not possible.  
I reduced sail and having succeeded in avoiding the collision turn (I now believe this was not a legal move and should probably have passed "through/behind" Marks ship).  I manage a good broadside hurting Mark but his fire as you bear broadside sweeps my deck with grape shot and forces me to strike. 

No comments:

Post a Comment