Friday, April 17, 2020

Isolation Painting: Back to Black Seas

First up is a shipyard I've been working on for a port to use in games of Black Seas. The project was for a game at Huzzah Con this May.
Unfortunatly the Convention has been canceled for this year so work will slow as I come up with way to make the best looking port I can. I thried to put as much shipbuilding stuff as I could in the docyard: Left over Anchors from my kits, wooden blanks, mast and even smoe canvas. All this stuff probably wouldn't be just sitting here but helps make clear that ship building is going on.
The ships are 1/1000 scale ships form GHQ they had wire masts that I tried to manage years ago and failed utterly but they work well here as ships under construction. 
Next up is a sctrach build of my owe devising whith a Black Seas brig for scale. Its a costal and river vessel called a Gudalow. They were quite popular in Maine, New Hampsire and Massachusets.
You can take a ride in Gundalow in Portsmouth New Hampshire https://www.gundalow.org/

Gundalows were sometimes pressed into service as gunboats most famously at the Battle of Valcour Island during the American revolution.
As you can see this Gundalow is doing duty as gunboat in a harbor defence roll I'll have to come up with stats. Gudalows are fairly large but shallow draft great for carring cargos but not very stable. The Philadelphia was sunk by a single hit for example (but maybe the Brititish rolled a criticle)

No comments:

Post a Comment