Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Sir Robert and his faithful dog Sammy

You've seen Sir Robert before as he appears as a Notable of the Grand Duchy of D'Argent.  He is based on my college roommate who introduced me to war gaming.  Rob had a much loved pet dog Sammy who sadly passed during our Junior year.
So when I picked up these Irregular Miniatures dogs at Huzzah! it was clear one of them had to be paired with Rob. The real Sammy was a Newfoundland this dog clearly not of that breed(the hair is too short) though looks like it could be a related one.
I choose to use coloring suggesting an English Mastiff because it seemed like the breed that an exiled Englishman might own.
I'm thinking maybe Sammy will give Rob a re-roll on hazard tests as Sammy protects her master or just goes for help (the real Sammy was certainly more of a lover than a fighter)

No comments:

Post a Comment