Sunday, December 23, 2012

The Journy into eBay

I promise I am not posting my link again in an effort to attract you attention to the stuff I am selling. So far the experience has been a revelation. It far easier than I thought for one.  Its also amazing to me that people are willing to pay money, in some cases a significant amount of money for figures I have painted.  Some of my Revolutionary War stuff was painted in the 1990s when I was in College and was just learning to paint.  The fact that some people will spend $5.00, $10.00 or even $15.00 per V&B stand is amazing to me. 

I made some missteps like combining three stands of Massachusetts infantry and starting the bidding at $.99 per eBay's suggestion... the bids have gotten better but I will still take a bit of a bath on that one. 

Over all its been a good experiment and I may start painting items specifically for eBay, who knows I might be able to make this hobby self sustaining in the new year.

Best wishes to all for a happy holiday season, Merry Christmas and Happy new year.  What ever holiday(s) you celebrate may they be joyful.

No comments:

Post a Comment