Monday, December 17, 2012

2012 Blog and Gaming Goals in Review

This blog is not about the real world but I would ask you all to keep the  People of Newtown CT in your thoughts (and prays if such is you way) as they deal with the terrible events there. (sorry folks I felt I had to acknowledge such a terrible event.   

Any way here is the year in review, more painting projects will be posted over the next two weeks so stay tuned.

The year is winding down and what a year it has been. Hit my goals for the year.

Personal Goals:
1) attend a convention.  Believe it or not this is something I have never done.  I am planning to go to Huzzah in Portland ME.
Done! had a great time.I also attended game day at Hobby Bunker sort of a mini convention and ran a game. I hope to run a game at Huzzah.

2) Participate in a FOW tournament. this is linked to the goal above.
Done! Had a great time an won the Best Sports Man award. (an honor I did not feel I merited)
Took part in two other Tournaments at the Whiz and had a blast.

3) Run a Black Powder war game/tactical exercise  for Regiment Saintonge.  This is something Steven and I have talked about for a long time as a way to give people and idea of what they have to deal with as commanders in terms of tactics and derision making.

Sadly this did not happen.  I don't think the time and interest is their for the group a this point.

Painting Goals:
1) Finish My Free French Tirailerurs Senegalese and Decourverte de combat force for FOW
Done! They are now know as the Free French Speed Bump but they are fun to play.

2) Paint at least 3 more units of Napoleonic French before Huzzah.
Done! They taught me I don't like 28mm for armies (for individual figures I love them but I am not doing 28mm figures for anything other than skirmish again)
3) Paint up my Gebirgsjagers for use as a German Infantry force in the late war league.
Two platoons painted as well as command and spotter stands to match and some gun teams as well.


4) Paint more 7YW and WAS 15mm to reduce my "lead debt" resulting from large number of these figures bought or received as gifts from Robert Burr.
Grand Duchy of D'Argent and some other projects. Sadly the Lead Debt seems as heavy as ever but... such is the way of the gamer.

Bonus Goal: Find some use for my FOW Russians either field a Russian army or find a buyer.

Rob Painted my Russian infantry though they have yet to see the table. My US tanks are going to support them as Lend Lease combat formations.

Luke purchased much of my Russian Armor so I call this a win/win as he'll be a new opponent when he returns form services with the Marines.

No comments:

Post a Comment