2) French receive a +1 to shots over 10”
3) Cracking On: Make a skill check if you passes add 1d3 inches of movement per level of sail. If you roll a 1 roll 1d3 on the high critical table and take 1d6 points of damage. Ships Cracking on can only fire their chase guns.
4) Ships may try to grapple instead of avoiding entanglement/collision (if one ship is trying to grapple and the other does not wish too the play with the higher modified skill check wins, ties go to the more skilled crew or reroll if they are of the same skill)
5) Spanish ships of the line (large 3rd rates, & 2nd rates) may take over gunned the same way their 1st rates can (with the same penalties)
6) Ships may "Back Stays" reducing their speed by 1 inch per movement.