Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Henry Hill second go

John and I decide to try a second test game with our armies form last game.  I have 3 new units while most of John's men have been promoted to Regular.   I have two regular infantry, and One veteran infantry but my other troops are green.
John goes at both flanks of the hill, I move to counter the advance on my left (my best troops are here)
While holding the defence on the right and using my two batteries to hit Johns troops as they move into position.
The 3rd South Carolina stands off a powerful charge by Union Regulars.  The Yankees have already taken hits form rebel artillery and now  musket fire by two confederate infantry regiments.  They are driven back the following turn the South Carolinans advance  and disperse the surviving Yankees.
They 3rd SC is out in font and the Yankee Zouaves attack them but both sides are unsupported and the rebel troops are good  marksmen and hit them hard.  John rolls poorly for his charge test my roll is good.  Another Yankee regiment skedaddles tot he rear.  I managed to drive back the troops on my left, John's troops hold but are fully engaged while his right flank is thoroughly cut up and unable to advance.  John chooses to withdraw.

1 comment: