Friday, May 3, 2019

Saga Meeting encounter: How do you say "Custer" in old Norse

Last night John and I played another game of Saga at the Hobby Bunker.  I went "historical" and ran Vikings under the hero Ragnar. (John uses him a lot and I wanted to have a chance a the fun).  We used the book of battle sand got: Rough Ground, Meeting Encounter, Pithced battle, Forced March, subjugation.
Two turns passed with little action because of the slow movement imposed by forced march.  My left Flank warriors made the first contact of the game
and threw back the Skrelings threatening that side of my formations... then my shield maidens started falling under a rain of arrows, spear and tomahawks..
The poor girls didn't last long... I had hoped their "large shields" would help but this was not the case.
My Left flank warriors are also picked apart thought they did reduce the enemy down below the 4 warriors for a saga dice in the process.
My Hearthguard stood off the charge of the Skrealings but that was the last good turn... We did almost no damage thanks to the darn Agility ability of theirs.
last turn charges... I do damage taking down the last of on unit of Skrealing warriors but loosing most of my Hearth guard.  Ragnar kills six Skrealings personally but is exhausted by damage and the melee.
He goes down under arrows... a warlord killed by levies... how shameful.
A grand total of two of my war bands survived the battle... hopefully the are adopted into the tribe since I think getting back to Iceland with two men to man the ship is unlikely!  John won this battle in convinceing fashion with 34 points to my 14

No comments:

Post a Comment