Thursday, May 30, 2019

Saga Age of Magic: The Otherworld

This will be the first of several entreis about some armies I am thinking of using for Saga Age of Magic.  First up an Norse mythology theamed Otherworld list. 
I've been looking for an excuse to use the miniature since I painted him for the 2015 Painting Challenge.   Thor will be my warlord and I'll probably spend a point to ungraded him to an "archdemon" The figure is from Reaper miniatures.
If Thor is your warlord than Odin must be your Sorcerer (miniature from Footsore) since Thor as an archdemon automatically has the energy domain of magic Odin will take death, it even works thematically! Odin can also work as the Conjurer if I want to save a point. 
OK so this is Norse themed but I'm not following Norse mythology in any strict sense. Fernier is a foe of Odin and Thor but he makes a great Behemoth type monster so he shall fight along side them here
For Hearth Guard we shall use Shield Maidens who war obviously Valkyries I'm going to experiment with calling them "Winged" even if they don't have actual wings.  
Hunters are special aggressive type of warriors that the Otherworld lists can use.  I think wolves and hunting dogs (together or separately) are prefect for this option.
For warriors I'll use my old Viking/pagan Saxon figures in the guise of Einherjar of Valhalla
I may do a single unit of warriors ore two depending on if Odin fields as a sorcerer or Conjurer.  This probably won't be the first army a field because John and I have agreed not use spells in the first game to limit the new elements each of us has to master and I think Magic is going to key to how this army work.

3 comments: