Monday, February 28, 2022

Cave Troll and Middle Earth Statures 12th Annual Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge (10)

Some additional pick ups from the Gamer's flea market last fall and its one of my favorites I went with the armored version rather than the unarmored Moria version.
The trophy's hanging from his armor harness was a nice touch a call out to the terrible missiles fired into Gondor in the book (though not in the movie, I guess a rain of severed heads was too visceral for Peter Jackson)

This fellow has an interesting scaly skin it seemed a bit lizard like.

The patched up shield is one of my favorite bits I did the patches in bronze instead of steel.

Six Sutures that are also from the same set three standing and three fallen statues.

I kept the palate simple, dark grey, black wash, light gray dry brush. I added a little light blue in the deep part of the base where decoration or writing might once have been.

Rear view of the statues not much to add here.

The fallen statues can either be used in conjunction with the standing statues or I could replace them as battles occur resulting in the fall of a statue.


No comments:

Post a Comment