Monday, September 6, 2021

Age of Sail Merchants

 

The merchant set from Warlord Games features a large and a small merchant. 

Both are resin with metal masts stun plate and figure head for customization. 

The designs are a little anachronistic especially the lanteen sails off the mizen mast. I some how lost the part for the lanteen so I had to improvise. I modernized the small Merchant with mast prices from an unused brig. Overall nice models.
I also have three schooners printed by Bob Rioux. They wider in the beam than the Warlord schooners so I think I will use them as merchants.
I will probably give them speed and hull stats like a Brig but armed as schooners. The fore-aft rig will help them with tacking making them different from both regular schooners and Brig's. 



4 comments:

  1. They all look good Adam. I decided not to get the Warlord schooners and instead purchased the various small 3D 1/700 hulls from Hrnry Turner and Simon Mann. Have yet to build them. I love looking at your stuff!
    Stay safe,
    Vol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I not a fan of the Warlord schooners they are too top heavy though they look good.

      Delete
  2. Lovely Adam. Great painting of those stern designs.
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete