Monday, February 10, 2020

Carnage and glory: Battle of Pragau


Sunday Rich invited me to take place in a fictional Prussian defense of Prague during the War of Austrian Succession.
I had command of the Cavalry of the Prussian Left with a couple of units of Grenadiers to provide a back stop.  Arofan my opposite number played waiting game hitting me with a battery as I had no gun to reply.
The Austrians in the center moved forward and took devastating punishment from the Prussian grand battery.
The Austrians set on of the objectives on fire taking those objective points away from us. 
Some cheeky Austrian hussars tried to slip into our rear and had to be chased off.
Far to the right the Austrians are on the march and would soon start pressing that flank hard.
After several turns of being hit with artillery I ordered my lead brigade to advance but only one unit went forward. 
Despite disruption of the stone wall we overthrew our counterpart who were caught flatfooted.
this touched off a swirling cavalry battle that was one of the most complicated I can recall.   If the Austrian moral hadn't been hammered by the losses in the center Arofan would probably have done much better he had me out numbed about 3 to 2. 
The battle ended with the Austrian moral reduced to 72% and over 25% casualties.  the 7th Cuirassiers earned honors under my command.

2 comments:

  1. What system were you running for this? I don't know much about historical wargaming in regards to common rule sets, but am interested in how they work. I did like the mechanics of Frostgrave as you and my son explained it. Very inventive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its a system called Carnage and Glory its a computer aided set. We manuver on the table but the computer handles all the dice rolling keeping track of many things that would be cumberson.

      Delete