Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Challenge X Entry # 7 "Curtgeld"

AdamC: Curtgeld Combative Sailor (30 Points)
I picked up this fellow with my "Master and Commander" set for Black Seas and I thought he would make a worthy Curt Geld. Its a good sculpt as one would expect from Warlord. A dramatic but balance posed and good details that where easy to paint.
I wanted to keep his outfit simple and fairly generic so he would fit in with a number of armies. A Yellow brown color for this pants with red pin strip or "ticking" (as its called in the reenacting world). I went with a medium gray which works for a dingy linen shirt with a frailly heavy wash and then highlight in the same gray.
I went with a red brown for the leather belt and cartridge box (props to Warlord for remembering this detail on a pirate/sailor figure so many forget it!). The dirk strapped to his for arm is the only point I'm not a fan of it seems like an awkward argument. Speaking as a sometime historical fencer I can say I would want to have a hold of the weapon. Still rule of cool and it does look cool if a trifle impractical. 
One last picture to show how the figure looks at "table range" for points 5 points for a 25mm figure and 25 for Curtgeld comes to 30 points for my modest little pile.
So with five map locations I'm ready to discover my way up Snow Lord's Peak. To review I've visited Douglas' Shallows, Cook's Crevase (twice), Docherty's Dock, Hawkin's Hill and O'Grady's Gulch. Next I will probably attempt the task award to me by Curt though I do have some flares ready to summon Sarah's Balloon if I don't have something ready to go that fits that at this time unknown task right away.

***

Great work Adam, I'm sure Curt will be glad to see this addition to his Geld Collection - and "combative" Curtgeld is great Curtgeld. The "ticking" (always great to learn new things like this!) looks very nice. Certainly pin striping is very tricky, and I hope you are pleased with the results of your efforts.

30 points for you, Adam, keep up the great work.

No comments:

Post a Comment