Friday, June 7, 2019

Saga Age of Magic: Great Kingdom vs. Masters of Underearth

John and I tried out Age of Magic. We opted to not use any sorcerers so we could limit the new stuff we needed to keep track of.  We got a diagonal "confusion" set up from Book of Battles.  I used this army: Camulod
I drew first blood with fire on the goblins hiding in the woods.
My Cavalry got in a quick strike killing one "dark" dwarf hearth guard without loosing a man and then ran off with an extra activation. This scored me 3 points for getting troops within "M" of John's table edge
John's Scourge a deep one leaped into the air...
Coming down behind my troops scoring John the same 3 bonus points.
Sir Gawain a paladin made two moves to clash with the monstrous creature...
and to my surprise he actual won the battle
John began to press the action.. first his levy goblins took the tunnels up behind my Lines...
The other unit of goblin levies attacked my archers... to my surprise the archers actually held there ground! Closing fire and shield of bravery saved the day.
My Hearth Guards drove back the other unit of goblins.
My swordsmen warriors attacked and killed all but one man in a unit of dark dwarf hearth guard.
John hurt me badly with Chasm... we did it at the wrong time in the sequence... I lost my warlord and most of my cavalry.   (I would probably have been OK if we had done it right, Oh well)
Sir Bors attacked John's Deep one.  He managed to avoid most damage and drove off and exhausted the monster.
My archers managed to kill the creature!  That pretty much wrapped up the battle because the battle had run longer than expected.  John out pointed me 30 to 29 when we added every thing up.  I really enjoyed playing the new system, and this battle board.  The Great Kingdom is true combined arms force you need use you have a bit of every thing to make full use of the battle board.  I actualy won most of the Melee combats.  Levy troops are actually useful.  The Paladins are very tough when facing monsters.

1 comment: