Thursday, April 27, 2023

Mayhem Gaming Convention: France Stands Firm

Once again I found myself defending France from German attack. This time it's 1940 and the Rules are Kamphgroup Commander run by Dave Soucy.

I'm on the right of the French line need to retake the crossroads to my left and stop the German advance by holding the hills on our side of the table.
French infantry moves up I secure a supporting position along the hedgerows.
It's not a moment too soon as the Bosch is here already. My Anti-tank guns  their pay with early hits.
More Germans are coming but the attack on the right has be halted momentarily. As my other platoons dig in along the hedge.
The German commander decided it was time to get aggressive assaulting my troops with tanks. My AT-guns do well and by 1940 standards my troops fight well but with only hand and rifle grenades there isn't much they can do.
My own armor comes up after the slaughter of my infantry and an exchange of fire shows that both sides are going to have a hard time hurting each other. The German drive stalls but my colleague I the center suffers horrible casualties and is being driven back. On the left the French are making some progress but there is nothing decisive to hit there. It's another stalemate at best a minor German victory at worst. 



No comments:

Post a Comment