Monday, November 1, 2021

New ships for Black Seas.

 These are two ships printed for me by Arofan.

An Elizabeth class ships of the line and Swan class sloop. 
I've painted three of these and they are a great prints. I added a figure head left over from the Black Seas. 
I also used some left over stern prices to dress it up the only real flaw to this print is there low detail sterns.
The Swan class was a 14 gun (later 16) sloop of war.  That served in both the American Revolution and Napoleonic Wars. The most famous of the class was probably HMS Vulture which helped General Benedict Arnold escape from West Point after his failed treason.  I'll  probably use Schooner stats as these ships had very light armament. 

4 comments:

  1. They look great Adam. I hadn't thought of modifying the prints with spare Black Seas parts. I do have a few misprints that could use a new stern gallery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy you like the effect, there are at least two spares per frame and two extra figure heads (good thing as I sometimes find I break one or two in the process) with a little work you can get a nice stern gallery for your ships.

      Delete