Wednesday, September 30, 2020

HMS Pegasus 3D Print.

 Arophan has done some new ships for me. Here is an Enterprise class frigate.  It's a 28 gun frigate so a 6th rate in game terms. 

I've christened her the HMS Pegasus because it's the favorite ship name of my old pal Robert Burr (this preference of his dates back to the origional Battle Star Glactica). 

She's of a similar type with the literary ship HMS Surprise so she might just play that roll in a scenario if I want to explore such an option (Actualtly there was an HMS Supries in this class) 
Her hull is very nice it it cleaned up well and was easy to paint.  The dodgy part of these 3D prints is the masts I don't feel I have the patients to build whole masts on my own but I don't love how these come out. 
Her stern is one of the best of the 3D prints with a handsome row of windows.  I glued the flags on this time. I started off making flags removable but have found it problematic in practice so I thinik my ships going forward will probably have only one allegence. 





No comments:

Post a Comment