Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Daniels Farm Blackstone Valley OCT 4 and 5th

My unit Regiment Saintonge has been working with  Blackstone Valley Techical School they had a grant that let us bring in many reenactor craft people and speakers.  Friday I did a little talk on roll of fencing in the French Army and on different types of swords and their function. 
Saturday Evelyn and I were part of the French camp.  There were a few kids attached to NCOs or senior enlisted men (and their wives) so she's not as out of place as one might think.
My little lady handling a sword for the first time.  She insisted on carrying it for me I kept a very close eye on her so don't worry (its a fencing blade no edge or point)
An American artillery unit demonstrating and apparatus for moving an artillery piece across a river or ravine.
One of the young ladies form the school volunteered to watch Evelyn so I could be part of the Battle but some how Evelyn and the young lady got attached to our Student picket line who took the brunt of the first attack.  I was moving out with the French line when I saw my friend Jess who was attached to the students running back with Evelyn in her arms and the students trailing behind her.  Evelyn was crying for Daddy.  I had to fall out and calm her down.  We were behind the rock wall fall back the kids reformed behind.  We watched some of the battle untill Evelyn fell asleep in my arms.  The rest of the day passed without insident. 

No comments:

Post a Comment