Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Normans and Skraelings Rematch

This game was last Thursday apologies for the delay.  John and I again met at the Hobby Bunker for a game of saga a rematch of the last one. John has covered battle as well: Refused Flank 
With a refused flank set up you start on the short edged of the table. John tucked in close behind cover...
I tried to get as far forward as reasonable.
My Cavalry was running up on the flank
While archer face each other I was able to get off shots with my double range saga ability
In race the warriors hurling Javelins as they go...
Then racing away when the enemy counter charges...
The Hammer of God cavalry formation slams into the Skrealing infantry (I rolled more dice than was legal it seems but we'll fix that next time) crushing them completely
John brings a rain of Javelins down on the mounted warriors.
That unit is reduced to a single figure who runs off to hide. John picked up a fatigue of my cavalry slowing them s they miss a chance at the warriors in the cent.
He showers my Warlord with javelins. but I take little damage and after softening them up with arrows
My Hearth guard of heavy cavalry routs them form the field.
John sends out his men but my cavalry dance aside...
Leaving my warlord vulnerable... javelins strike and then in they charge.
I manage to battle them back with my warlord. The final count was 18 points for the Normans and 7 for the Skraelings.  Look forward to playing these again and to seeing how some of my other armies fair against Skraelings

No comments:

Post a Comment