Monday, November 26, 2018

Dark Age Home defence

All figures are from Bad Squiddo: 8 are from her Freyja's Wrath kick starter and 4 are from a set that predates that Kick starter.
My plan is to us them mixed together they will either be bow or sling armed levies for Saga(depending on the "faction") or mixed weapon light infantry in Dragon Rampant.
Four sling armed women I've already featured the on the
Up first we have a woman in the act of readying her sling.  I kept her in muted tones except for the gold chains at her throat and...
The bright blue of the scarf she has tied above her head.  Her belt is done in purple a rare and expensive color.
This next lady in the act of firing her sling is a very eye catching lady.  With her red robe/cloak the dress underneath is an yellow with purple trim.
The head scarf is a muted orange.  She's a very snappy dresser.
Another lady dressed in eye catching fashion. I used yellow brown and contrasted it with a light blue.
The darker red brown over tunic/vest I imagine to be a sort of leather armor.  Next up are the Archers I didn't get a group shot (I may add one latter). One of these was posted earlier the other three are below.  These all look more like "professional" female warriors rather than ladies rallying to defend hearth and home.
Since these have a more war like appearances I went with more muted colors.  This lady could be a Noble woman but the leather armor suggest a more professional warrior.  
The Skirt suggest she is perhaps more a noble lady who is enthusiastic about hunting and sword play rather that a professional warrior.
This next lady is clearly a professional warrior.  She wears trousers, a short leather tunic and is alert and balanced.
She also has a sword and keeps her hair short (for a woman) a wise precaution for anyone who might have to fight at close quarters.
Another professional armed with bow and a sax dagger (I wish a few of these had appeared on more of the laddies).
Her hair is on the long side but clearly this is a woman who fights close in only as a last resort. You can see the other archer here.
These are clearly laddies who have rallied to defend the village or family farm
First up a broad shouldered lady with a pitchfork I feel like she looks tough enough that even a Berserker should think twice about sacking her house.
I her colors are of a muted type except for the blue edging on the apron
I person this lady is a lot more eye catching the orange that makes the band of the apron/over tunic and scarf is very muted in the picture.
The scythes is a potentially deadly weapon though and unwieldy one.
Next is a older woman.  These colors really are this muted she's not interested in catching the eye.
Her rake isn't much of a weapon I see her using it to fend off an attack hopping some one else will take him now.
My favorite of the set a girl who isn't will to just run for the hills she has a "sling" of rocks for the slingers but she's throwing those rocks at the on coming foe.
I put the girl in very rare color indicating a wealthy background.  In addition to acting as part of this unit I figure she can also make a good "princess" for rescue in scenarios. I wish we had some more options showing "children" taking part in combat like this as I think it happened frequently.   I'm very impressed with what Annie (or Badd Squiddo) did with this set of miniatures.  I hope she will do more these ladies are on the whole excellent uppper class women I would like to see more women of the middling and lower sort with less jewelry ad maybe some patches on their dresses and tunics.

No comments:

Post a Comment