Friday, October 19, 2018

Saga Into the Salughter Norse Gaels Vs Vikings

   Last nights game was a scenario called "Into the Slaughter" basically fight until one of the warlords dies or is driven M away from any of three makers (the bushes you can see above).  By Norse Gale warlord is facing off against John's Vikings.
John's boys are lead by Ragnar but the rest of his force is quite different from his normal mix.  Two Levies armed with javelins are backing up two units of four hearth guards. 
He's also giving his steppe nomads a try a very coll looking unit with great power to annoy. 
 My Army has one big unit (12) of javelin armed warriors, two six man units of Dane Ax armed warriors.  I've also got four Hearthguard with Dane Axes and another unit of six Hearthguard with standard equipment.
 John had a unit of levies run up they took out my Dane Axe men but took serious damage themselves.
 My warriors fall a bit short to reaching their target they got charged in turn by Johns Hearthguard and lost four of their number
John used Odin to Exhaust my Javelin men who fail to score any kills.
 The Huns make a quick strike but do no damage  then fall back.
 John's second Heathguard unit cripples my Javelin men laving only two! I kill one Hearthguard in return...
 Then John tightens up his formation.  My Dane ax armed warriors drive off then Huns
 My Hearth Guard crash into John's Levy and kill half of them at the loss of one of their own.
 There has been lots of death on both sides but nothing decisive. I deiced to force the issue.
 With King of the Isles in effect (and loaded battle board) I move my warlord in and dare Ragnar to come for me. John hits me first with is last two Hearth Guard.  I take a chance and don't use as many battle board abilities as I could...
 I survive just barley... then Ragnar comes in.
Its an epic battle with buckets of dice thrown on both sides the result is both of us die.  I imagine the final scene with us both wrestling on the ground choking and stabbing each other like mad.  It was a good game but it needs a some slight modification.  since the survival of your warlord is the only way to win it encourages a bunker mentality John and I both mostly ignored this instinct so we hit a resolution but had both of us played more carefully the game could have gone a very long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment