Friday, October 25, 2013

Hampton Legion Cavalry

This chart was "borrowed" from Big Red Batcave
I love using Cavalry on the table I have even been told I am pretty good at using it but I don't paint horses well.  I have been looking at them at the MSPCA and reading tips on line.  Then I found this chart on Big Red Batecave.  I still think I have a long way to go but these may be my best horses.
 The Hampton Legion was founded by wealthy South Carolina native Wade Hampton at his own expense.  The infantry joined the Texas Brigade while the cavalry became the 2nd South Carolina Cavalry.
 The uniforms are gray with yellow hussar style lace and yellow at the collars and cuffs.
 These blue moon horse are very nice they have good muscle definition(especially in gray below) so you can find those details and shade them
Most Confederate units focused more on Pistols than Sabers this unit (from the 1st Virginia cavalry pack) has mix of weapons.  More pictures on facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment