Sunday, July 28, 2013

Trained or Conscript in Maurice

For the game Maurice there are three basic troop types Elite, Trained and Conscript.   Units can move between these on a battle by battle basis if they break they drop in quality if they get a lucky roll of the dice they improve.

There is there for a need to designate the quality in a quick and easy way.  My simple approach is to have the Trained units carry flags while the constricts will have not flag. This works but as I only did 4 stands for each unit so I need to make some extras.

I can now demote my trained units to conscripts and promote my conscript units trained units. If I want to use these troops in Black Powder they can make a pair of small infantry units sort of like the Irish Piquets (select troops form a variety of regiments).

No comments:

Post a Comment