Extra Life

Extra Life
Please consider donating to help sick kids

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Sir Robert and his faithful dog Sammy

You've seen Sir Robert before as he appears as a Notable of the Grand Duchy of D'Argent.  He is based on my college roommate who introduced me to war gaming.  Rob had a much loved pet dog Sammy who sadly passed during our Junior year.
So when I picked up these Irregular Miniatures dogs at Huzzah! it was clear one of them had to be paired with Rob. The real Sammy was a Newfoundland this dog clearly not of that breed(the hair is too short) though looks like it could be a related one.
I choose to use coloring suggesting an English Mastiff because it seemed like the breed that an exiled Englishman might own.
I'm thinking maybe Sammy will give Rob a re-roll on hazard tests as Sammy protects her master or just goes for help (the real Sammy was certainly more of a lover than a fighter)