Tuesday, September 13, 2016

War Galley for En Garde! (6)

I think we might be ready for painting. 
 I think it finally looks like a real galley.  You can see the additional work I have done on the mast here and the ram has been added.
 The Ram really makes it look right and the completion of the fighting platform provides a finished look to the bow of the ship.  These rams were more boarding platform than weapons to sink ships and this one is just wide enough for one figure to fit on a 1" diameter base
 The fighting platform provides all around protection excepting were one needs to get down to the main section of the ship
 The troops fit nicely here I think i can cram 6 or so musketeers up here to add their shooting to the cannon.
The walls are less high here on the flanks.  The idea is to provide protection but not necessarily a formal fighting position.  A Galley that fight broadside to broad side is in trouble.   So the one detail I would like to add but haven't is oars.  I just can't think of a good way to do them that won't cause trouble on the game table.  I'll keep considering ideas and would love to hear or see any suggestion you readers might have.  Also this fine ship needs a name! Suggestion are welcome, it should be a Spanish name or a name that sounds as cool translated into Spanish.

No comments:

Post a Comment