Friday, September 18, 2015

Frostgrave 5 ways.

So we had five players last night so rather than create on table with 3 players while the other played with two we decided we would do a five players game.  DJ got to set up on a side then rest of us got a six inch deep box of each corner.
 My war band lead by my Egyptian themed war band I discovered latter I had left out my man at arms... of well
 The terrain is a mix of itmes from my collection and Mike BGs collection.  Mike BG is across the table in the far corner. Dave is in the upper left and the other mike is in the right hand corner. Dave's son DJ is to my left in the middle.
 My men in there starting area two groups and my achre on the high "ground to the right.
 Dave and DJ DJ is just about right on top of me...
 DJs angle wizard moves ahead... Dave's witch has laid down fog to project himself from Djs harchers siee the little guy on top of the pillar? yeah he has two of those..
 Like father like son DJ also lays down fog limiting my line of sight but I have my thieves near two treasure tokens...
 Mike is also moving in.... but he has some bad ground in the way.
 wizard eye view of the terrain and Mike BGs face...
 My cat burgler and DJ ... not the mouseling archers on the pillar tops
 Mike's Necromancer is bone darting me... but he either fails to cast or misses the shot each time.
 Dave's dwarves are on the march...
 I summon an imp to interfere with DJ's troops
 Thug engages Mike's thief...
 A demon and two scorpions arrive and get into Mike's troops... his clever plan to transpose me into the middle of it fails... My archer got lucky and took out Mike's apprentice...
 Mike gets the scorpions but that demon is a problem..
 I've got my men together and I am trying to get one more treasure marker... I might be getting greedy.
 Dave and Mike BG are in close action...
 and the Demon is starting to munch through Mike's troops
 Mike comes after me... you would think the demon would be enough trouble for him.
 Dwarves and necromancer troops are battling...
 The damon finishes mikes soldiers and turns on his wizard...
 one less wizard on the board.
 I'm trying to get my men away but I have a man with a treasure token I need to protect...
 Dave and Mike BG are still going after each other...
 Leap helps me get the treasure moving... soldiers are dying fast.. mine and mike both..
 We try the run the hell away maneuver....
but mike gets my apprentice... I won the next battle with out doing damage but I was able to push off and disengage.. mikes solder got eaten by the demon I got away with three treasures, Mike got one, Mike BG got four and dave got two DJ beat an early retreat but had the most survivors in his warband.. this was too many players on too small a table but it was still fun.   We opted not to have this be the start of the campaign but I hope we will get rolling soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment