Extra Life

Extra Life
Please consider donating to help sick kids

Monday, June 22, 2015

Fighting Sail test game

Our naval thunder game finished early enough that we were able to get out my sailing-ships to play test Fighting Sail the new rule set by Osprey publishing.  I commanded a French "Fleet" of two 3rd rates and a small 6th rate frigate. Adrian took a British "Fleet" of one 1st Rate and a 4th Rate. We both maneuvered for two turns before getting into range.  (I like the random movement process in these rules).
My first 3rd rate the Languedoc got a shot on the Royal Savage (1st rate) but she shrugged it off. Not so her fire on Laguedoc that inflicted 5 damage on me, Critical damage under the rules, and Languedoc is reduced to a wreck...
I Screwed up my maneuvers and Africa took Orient the same way with a raking shot. The system played quick, very quick! I am not sure I got it right as it seems odd that two ships of the line should go down as the result of TWO Broadsides! I am back to reread the rules to make sure I got this right, so the jury is still out on these rules.