Thursday, February 18, 2016

Challenge Bonus Round entry: L'amour' from AdamC - 'Tom Bombadil and Goldberry'

Vote here through Saturday: L'Amour

This wasn't the entry I had in mind but when I saw these two as part of a set at my local store I decided to go with them as my other plan is too large to get done in time. Tom I did in his Blue Jacket and yellow boots as per the book I went with orange for the waist coat and green for the hat for colour (they are described in the book) but the blue feather is. Goldberry is described in a green dress with a gold belt.

Tom Bombadil and Goldberry aren't exactly your typical fantasy power couple but.... Well Tom is the only being in Middle Earth who is unaffected by the one ring and at least on his own ground is pretty much master of all things weather the undead or evil willow trees.
Goldberry is a brilliant figure I got the whole set just for this figure. She will appear as on of the Princess or decoy figures in a Frostgrave based game I am hosing at Huzzah Con (I will let the judges decide if she should count for the side challenge.) I tried to high light her face, hand and part of her dress to show the glow of candle light, it looks better in person but isn't as effective as I would like it to be. I have a great love of Tolkien so I am pleased to showcase one of his loving couples for this round.

No comments:

Post a Comment