Wednesday, November 19, 2014

I need a Hero! an Anit-Hero actually...

As you know I am taking part in the Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge
This years theme is Anti-Heroes so I need to find one in 25/28mm to paint up.  So I guess that means I am looking for a project.   So what is an Anti-hero... for a technical definition I turned to Wikipedia  Their definition is as follows: 

An antihero or antiheroine is a leading character in a story who, unlike a traditional hero, acts in an unheroic manner and lacks conventional heroic qualities such as idealism, courage and morality.

That is a good place to start, especially for a fictional antihero. For the historical figures its a little harder to pin down. One could say its the good man defending a bad cause or possibly the bad man fighting for a good cause. The truth is I can think of few truly unambiguous historical figures as most human beings are a mix of qualities.
Of course Blue moon also has some fine 25mm figures and I have loved painting their 15/18mm figures.  Here the Swashbucklers appeal to me Cardinal Richelieu would be a great anti-hero. The Gangland, Pulp and western collections also have some strong options.   I will probably have to buy a figure as my 28mm collection  is very limited and I don't see any good options in what I have left. 


I'm interested in  suggestions both in terms of figures and fictional or historic anti-heroes.

No comments:

Post a Comment