Monday, June 4, 2012

New Army 4th Armor

With the new Book Blood Guts and Glorry from Flames of War I decided it was high time I built an army list for a US army.  I settled on 4th Armor becasue frankly Armor armies are cheep and Shermans (even the advanced ones) can also be used in mid-war if you squint a bit.

Tank armies are also quick to paint, I was able get an army battle ready in about two weeks, see last Thursdays battle here.

Below is the list am currently running. its all tanks. I am trying to decide how to improve it.  (Thanks Easy Army)

PlatoonQtyUnitPoints
Headquarters
Tank Company HQ (4th Division) p.23
1
1
M4A3E8 Easy Eight
M4A3 (76mm) Sherman
285
Combat Platoons
Tank Platoon (4th Division) p.23
2
2
M4A3 Sherman
M4A3 (76mm) Sherman
Hedgerow cutters on up to 1/2 of the platoon tanks
460
Tank Platoon (4th Division) p.23
2
2
M4A3 Sherman
M4A3 (76mm) Sherman
455
Tank Platoon (4th Division) p.23
2
1
M4 or M4A1 Sherman
M4A1 (76mm) Sherman
300
Company Points:1500
Source document: Blood, Guts, & Glory
I would like to stick to what I have at the moment as much as I can, Fortunately I have good selection of Americans to use as supports as I did all my late war Free French support teams in American Uniforms.

I could add a battery or 105s; Jeep mounted recon (I would need to add a few Half-tracks but that's not a serious issue). I have a US Rifle platoon and an US Engineer platoon (and a Sherman Bulldozer) if I want some infantry support.  I think having infantry would be great as the tank telephones let them act as recon for my tanks.

One unit I am considering buy would be the Half-track mortars as they are cheep points wise and would give me a good smoke option (or direct fire to kill dug in infantry and AT guns).


Air support is an option but I think these guys have to get in close to deal with the Big Cats (Tigers and Panthers) limiting what air can do for me.

I would be interested in peoples thoughts out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment