Thursday, May 26, 2016

New Project for Honors of War

So with Honors of War making a good impression at the local game store I'm hopping to field the Grand Duchy of D'Argent's troops more often in the future.   I've worked out how they will work under the rules in a previous post.
This has gotten me thinking about the huge numbers of unpainted 15mm minatures.  I've always wanted to do something with them but I have enough historic armies of the period that I realy never had a need to paint them.  Well we have a new bunch of players and my plan is to paint up a brigade "for" each of them.
The minatures will still be mine but the unit will carry thier name (or a name of thier choosing) and will take the form of an 18th Century "Liegion". One to three units of formed infantry, a Battery of guns and possibly a unit of light Cavalry or Dragoons.  My plan is that these are units of mercenaries or petty pinces of a fiction version of the Holy Roman Empire.  As such they can move between Historical or fictional armies as Allied forces. This will let other players comand "their own" troops which is always more fun.

I probably won't start this project until I get back from my wedding/honeymoon so look to see these some time in July.

No comments:

Post a Comment