Extra Life

Extra Life
Please consider donating to help sick kids

Friday, June 28, 2013

1st game at my place

My Friend Luke is home on leave from the Marines, he always like to get in a game of Flames of War so I was happy to host.  My dinning room table is a bit narrow but my hope was that would lead to a fast result and maybe get us two game. I was half right but traffic kept us from getting in a second game.
We played a "free for all"  mission. I had first move but other than advancing my infantry to cover an objective better I didn't move much. I drew first blood with my 8.8 AA guns killing a T-34/76.  Luke got two of my Neblewerfers and two infantry men with his tanks MGs.
On turn two I had some realy good luck and Smashed both Luke's T-70s and his T-34/76 platoons.
Luke did manage to bail a StuG (Luke's dice were very unfair to him) with his T-34/85s on my right. He also made a bold flanking move with his HQ and lone surviving T-34/76 on my left. They missed their side shots unfortunately for him.
I Got the HQ on the next turn though I lost a StuG in the process.
Luke Also got on of my 8.8 Flack guns with shots from his SU-85s but on the following turn my Stugs with the Help of a Pack 40 kill his T-34/85s.  By this point it was getting late, we considered switching sides but in the end decided against it. I am hopping we can get in at least one more game before Luke heads back for his next deployment.