Extra Life

Extra Life
Please consider donating to help sick kids

Sunday, May 25, 2014

US Gliders win Resounding victory!

Blogging your games mean show casing you losses and man did I loose big to day facing Ted's Glider infantry from the 'Nuts' book.  I was running Strumkomponie from Gray Wolf.
 The Mission was Breakthrough I picked the corner with the buildings I deployed my infantry in s rough V with guns in the corner and infantry guns on the hill to my right. I had StuGs 2cm AA guns and 8.8 Guns coming in in reserve.
 We started almost on top of each-other (a knife fight in a phone booth as my friend AJ used to say) Ted actually assaulted my infantry on turn one but was driven back with fire.  I did manage to keep Ted's artillery and HMGs pinned for several turns.
 Ted's air strikes did a lot of damage in the game never more so than this attack that cost me three stands and pinned this unit as I was unable to un-pin the next turn I didn't reach the objectives.
Ted also hit me hard with direct fire from 105s I hate breakthrough guns.
Air strikes again Ted kills another of my guns.
Then the US support arrives with infantry and tank Ted hits me with a ton of MG fire killing 3 more stand and my infantry guns are also destroyed.
I have no choice but to concede I placed my initial troops badly and mismanaged my reserve troops. My dice were on the low side of average but if I had played well I could have over come then Ted out played me today.