Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Napoleonic Infantry and Dragoons

Got a chance to finish a number of projects over the weekend so here they are.


Unit of French infantry in field uniforms. They carry the flag of the 2nd regiment picked because it was the easiest to cut out. The 2nd regiment was formed in 1776 as part of the reforms instituted at that time standardizing all regiments to the same 2 battalion set up. The 2nd and 4th Battalions of the 1st Picardie regiment were taken and reformed as the 2nd Provenance Regiment. Regional title were abandon with the French Revolution.


The next is another French unit this one dressed for bad weather in great coats. I have to say I am very pleased with how the came out.

This is a close up of the unit commander who is wearing his great coat open (silly officer). I also like the drummer hunched over and carrying his drum over his shoulder.

Here we have the Irish Legion made up of Irish exiles and deserters form the British army and Navy. I do not yet have their colors but I hope to find some one who makes them in the near future.


This is a close up of the Unit Commander standard bearer and a Sapper with his ax and bushy beard. Behind him are the unit musicians a drummer and a a fifer. Fifers are the forgotten musicians of war gaming so when I saw this one (from Front Rank) I had to have him.

I also have completed six stands of dragoons enough for two three stand units or one larger one (our group normally has cavalry at 4 stands)

Finally my dragoon officer.

Also I have completed my French army commander. I am very pleased with how this came out.


The cloak is based off one I own not a historical example. Still I think the Green mantle and black (faded slightly gray) cloak looks good and is something that might reasonably have existed.

This top down shot is for the basing fans out there

1 comment: