Monday, January 9, 2012

3 Trolls Battle at Sidi Bou Zid

This was a great weekend of gaming for me Two games in Two days!

I was able to participate in a Flames of War battle at 3 Trolls on Saturday morning. This battle was based on an encounter near Sidi Bou Zid in Tunisia. Basically a German Panzer brigade ran right into a US Armored brigade... in the ensuing clash the US Armor came off the worse but the Germans did not get to Kaserien Pass which helped troops holding positions there (though not much!)

Sine I have pushed a lot of German armor lately I opted to play Americans. Dick and I did better then historic American but not by much.

The Germans came straight at us and a long range fire fight ensued. I got the drop on Warren's Panzer IIIs after they double but though I bailed 3 of the 4 I did not kill any. My two Sherman Platoons were holing their own again Warren's two Panzer III platoons I until Curtis' Panzer IVs started sniping at me. Dick mean time lost all the armor on his Flank and only knocked out a few tanks. At this point the results were Obvious so we called the game as German Victory.

No comments:

Post a Comment