Friday, January 20, 2017

Frostgrave: The Lich Among Us

 So the crew at the Relentless Dragon has agreed its time to try a new campaign and Dave has a special scenario:
Long story short one of us is in fact a lich lord but we don't know who.  I'm running a Different sort of wizard this time the Thaumaturge. My wizard who I am calling Grakrake leads his team onto the board.  
across the way Max and her Mouslings have already sired up trouble with a white gorilla
My hafling thief grabs my special (Revel secret) token and its a good thing...
because Frank has grabbed the other near by token and is pulling it away.  My apprentice makes Telekinetic grab for it but fails badly.
Frank and his construct enhanced army are looking like a threat
My Wizard pulls the token back the next turn... and my archer hits Frank's thief.
Frank has his troops advancing on me and his apprentice...
Again snags the treasure and drops it at the feet of a construct who immediately picks it up...
Its time to fall back.  My apprentice hits one of Fank's archers with Blinding light neutralizing him for the rest of the game.
My archer takes a shot the Barbarian and then falls back...
My wizard does the same next turn... My second archer makes a try at Frank's apprentice but misses
Down the other axis of the board: Mike, Will, Max and Dave are maneuvering for the one at large token in the house with the ladder.
I'm taking up a defensive position and buffing members of my party with shield spells this leads some to speculate that I am the Lich...
Dave's Captain attacks Will's Necromancer (inside the building) Dave was sure Will was the Necromancer but death revels him to be an ordinary death mage.
Turn 5 and it seems Frank is the Lich! He played it very cool though some folks were speculating at the end as he had been "very quiet." I had been hopping Max's mousing would be the lich I had the best title for this report if it had been so (Frostgrave the Mouse Lich Rises) oh well.
I got my one token off the board and then waited to see what would happen.  My spells are not directly offensive enough to confront a lich head on.  If the others had attempted to bring Frank to battle I would have joined in... but they don't so I fall back off the board.  This was an almost bloodless game of Frostgrave (Will suffered the only casualties) but good fun never the less.  Six players was too many 3 would have been perfect Dave made a good scenario that will be a nice game for conventions.  In the end I got 120 experience, 20 Gold and a Belt of Animal repelance (a magic item of limited utility since it repels your own animals)

No comments:

Post a Comment