Friday, December 2, 2016

En Guarde! North Africa

Last night John and met at the Hobby Bunker to introduce him to En Garde! John was running a force of saga "Berbers"  I used a Janissary list to build his force.  I didn't have any fire arms but it had lots of javelins a number of good fighters.  My force is half the size of Johns made up of Spanish conquistadors. We are defending an old roman ruin.  
John's Sipahis come running up.  I took a quick shot at them but missed.
Then John's men came slipping in front... with infantry coming in behind them.
I got a shot on the Sipahis' leader scoring a light wound on him...
John's cavalry circles around and I have a couple of men moving to block them...
Shots ring out I land some hits but only inflict a few light wounds.  John is showering me with Javelins. My men's armor and cover keep most of the damage down.
My men just make it to the gap in time... as
The cavalry rushes in... The fighting is fierce  I do some damage but my officer is hurt and his companion is wounded.    The next turn my leader goes down though he did inflict serous wounds to two of the cavalry men.
Back Clad Berbers and yellow clad Janissary soldiers storm my position...  
My long shot to kill the enemy officer misses...
Berber troops swarm in, several go down to Spanish swords, pikes and Musket butts.  The Berbers in their turn kill the Spaniards its a slow hacking fight on both sides as both of us are well armored but in the end the Spanish fall one by one. I failed to do enough damage to the Berbers on the way in with my muskets.  This was due to a combination of bad rolls and good armor on the other side.  It was still and interesting and enjoyable game despite a fairly poor showing (I only killed 4 of Johns men, though many were injured by the end).

No comments:

Post a Comment