Monday, April 30, 2012

Hazzah! Portland Maine Food preview

My own attendance to the event is currently up in the air but I hope to have it fixed one way or the other in the next day or so.

For those who are going enjoy and make sure you check out the food scene Portland.  Believe it or not Portland is something of a foodie mecca and while I really don't consider myself a foodie those of have met the Fencing Frog know he likes to eat and especially like to eat good food.

I am fortunate enough to have a co-worker how spent several years working in a Hotel in Portland and last spring she gave me this link: http://www.portlandfoodmap.com/ for my own trip to Portland (unrelated to Hazzah!)

I am keeping my recondations to the sort of places I can see gamers hanging out at.

The best meal of the weekend was at a little place my girlfriend and I picked on a whim for a quick bite on Friday night http://www.sillys.com/  a quirky restaurant that looks like a whole in the wall sub place but is really a gourmands dream.We got lucky and didn't have too much of a wait, just be prepared to stand in line.

I would also strongly recommend Flatbread a great pizza place on the waterfront: http://www.flatbreadcompany.com/ its a pizza place were you can see them making the pizza in a wood fire place and you can also see the name of the farm you toppings came from.  Yeah its sort of a tree hugger hang out but in a good sort of way.

Three Dollar Dewesys is a great bar to hang out in a catch the game. They have good burgers and excellent Chilli, sadly noting on the menu is as cheep as $3.00 but its not too expensive and its a great selection for beer snobs.

So remember take some time in Portland and check out the food not just the great games.

2 comments:

  1. Now THIS is a worthwhile post :P

    I'll probably do most of my dining at the hotel since my schedule is full, but still good to know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True enough regarding the full schedule.

    ReplyDelete