Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Challenge 8 (Ate) planning

So this year: "Challenge VIII (or 'Challenge Ate') is dedicated to our most cherished, or feared, monstrous things."  A great theme though it makes me wish I hadn't done this fellow over the summer
Because He would have been perfect! Oh Well, my Bones III set has plenty of monster types to use.
I've put in my application email and have been accepted.

So there are new wrinkles to the program this year. First of all in the past we have been asked to send Curt a miniature in tribute and he would donate to the local animal shelter.  This Year Curt is letting us pick a charity to donate to.  So my plan is to pick something probably a 25/28mm figure (probably bones) auction it off on eBay and donate what ever I get to ExtraLife a charity I am already raising money for.
The second wrinkle is the addition of terrain to the mix this year.  That's rather exciting as I have some terrain project that need work and this might just be the push I need.  These include the mausoleum I got from the Bones III kickstarter.

The Bonus rounds this year look interesting:

'Flight' (January 6th submission / displayed January 7th / voting results January 14th)
--- Lots of options here air craft, space ships, winged monsters, birds, super heroes.  Should be fun to see what people come up with.  I am undecided.

'BFG: Big Freakin' Gun' (January 20st submission / displayed January 21st / voting results January 28th)
--- Another one that has lots of possible option that I can't wait to see.  I may have to get creative... as I don't have any cool artillery projects (and since I'm trying not to buy any thing new).  Still creatively interpreting the themes is a challenge tradition so I am sure I can come up with something.

'Music/Musician' (February 3rd submission / displayed February 4th / voting results February 11th)
---This time I know exactly what I am doing here and its the perfect excuse to pint these miniatures only concern I have is lots of people probably have the same set sitting in their lead mountain.  

'Childhood' (February 17th submission / displayed February 18th / voting results February 25th)
--- Bones has provided me with an excellent set of miniatures to use for this project!

'Monstrous' (March 3rd submission / displayed March 4th / voting results March 11th)
--- I have some ideas for this one all coming from my Bones III set.  I can't wait to see what the really good painters of the challenge do for this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment