Tuesday, December 1, 2015

2015-16 Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge

Once again I am taking part in Curt's Annual Painting Challenge  last year was my first effort and I did quite well, placing 7th in a field of 72. I don' really hope to repeat a top ten finish, 1) I think we will have even more participants (though we don't have a count yet).  2) I am hip deep in planning a wedding and I think that will take up a fair bit of my time.
Good thing I have these guys on the way! 

I am involved in a side challenge this year, The Frostgrave Challenge!   I'll be dueling  BillA, ScottS and SimonM to see who can paint the most Frostgrave related points.  We are counting anything that is from the official Frostgrave line or any Fantasy figure that is thematically appropriate and is not an official figure for another game system.  The Challenge Forum on Facebook will call any questionable submissions.  Bragging rights are at stake but, the losers will be making a piece of scatter terrain for the winner.
The Irish Brigade my Victorian Bonus Round entry

Like last year have a number of bonus rounds and I want to take advantage of those but unlike last year I don't have a good idea for many of them.

The seven Bonus Themes along with their submission deadlines are:

January 3rd: Nostalgia -- This one I have some ideas for Strip and repaint an old figure.

January 17th: Epic Fail -- this one I have an idea for as well but I don't know if its very good.

January 31st : Defensive Terrain -- Totally clueless on this one as terrain isn't suposed to be part of the Challenge...

February 14th: L'amour -- I have a great idea if only it would give away a surprise some 4 months too early!--- have to come up with something else.

February 28th: Nautical -- Got this one covered.

March 13th: Gambler/Risk-Taker-- hum too bad I did that Robert E Lee vignette last year, it would have been a perfect fit.
I must also paint up my Curt Geld figure the entry fee for the Challenge it must be some Gambler/Risk-Taker 

This year my focus will be on Frosgrave, Great War and some odds and ends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment