Extra Life

Extra Life
Please consider donating to help sick kids

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Tank Aces (1) at The Whiz

My First Tank aces Game was against Adam. We played at the 500 Point level he had 4 Cromwell Tanks a Fire Fly and was borrowing my recovery vehicle. I had 2 Sherman Easy 8 tanks and 1 Jumbo Tank.

In the first turn Adam rolled 20 dice with re-rolls for Semi-indirect fire and didn't get a single Hit on my tanks! He couldn't believe it and neither could I.
 Adam sent his Cromwells on a run around the forest with the Recovery vehicle in tow while the Fire Fly kept a long range fire Fight with my tanks. 
 I was able to respond my tanks moving faster then Adam Expected (good old Detroit's finest may be the best weapon US Armor has)As you can see I got two Cromwell tanks.
The other one managed to bail one E8 and the other bogged trying to get into position to shoot I could have bounced Adam's hit with the Jumbos lead the way rule but I did not because it seemed way too cheesy in this case.
A double bail(and a failed motivation) caused one E8 to run but this confrontation did not end well for the Cromwell.
At the end of the game I had killed 4 of Adam's tanks had he had two left. Adam played a good game using his tanks speed to good advantage. Had we been playing with Objectives he might have won but in a kill every one "scrap yard" mission that didn't matter so much. Adam was plagued with bad dice as his first turn indicated.