Saturday, March 21, 2020

Challenge X Entry #24 Rousell's Sandhill Border Reivers (145 Points)

Here is what will probably be my last entry of the challenge a unit of Boarder Revers for the Huzzah Convention's featured game. Each year the hosting club ask clubs and individuals to paint figures and bring them to the convention for the big game. Sometimes you command your figures or they might go to someone else. The rules they planned to use are Donnybrook (hope the game happens).
My force includes five long bowmen probably English mercenary as the Boarder Revers included both English and Scots
They look like they probably got their gear form one location I tried to make socks and shirts look a little.
The commander of the unit an old warriors with fine armor and weapons.
I felt he had an old face, so I made him gray haired with just a bit of yellow brown from the wash. I like the effect.
Clearly another man of means I went with green for his quilted armor as such a dye would have been expensive.
It makes him stand out almost as much as his bosses' armor.
The idea was to have a mounted figure for each footman the Maine War Gamers Association did their best but they are not a perfect match
I tried to match the figures up as best I could.
There are 11 figures on foot and 6 mounted figures they are 25mm (I believe they are Old Glory’s but I am not sure) so they should be worth 115 Points.
I hope that Scottish bonnets count as floppy hats adding another 30.

It’s been a great challenge I have netted more than 1000 points and hit 15 of their Island locations including 4 trips on Sarah Balloon.

---Marvellous. This is a great force you have assembled. 1000 points is a superb effort and what a journey you have been on

Martin

2 comments: