Friday, July 15, 2016

En Garde! game Two.

After our first go at the game of En Garde! we decided to try it again.  We basically put a bunch of treasure tokens down like Frostgrave to give us an objective.  I had a French army list (with Frank running the three soldiers on the left).
Mike had an "elite" pirate list (a list with all troops over rank 3) that I built.  I didn't give this list enough long range fire power and with two slow figures (peg legs) its at a significant disadvantage.
Dave had his list of Puritans and praying Indians.
My forces move into the center two musketeers taking firing position behind the wall to cover the rest of the force.
Mike has his two scouts up front, the blond sharpshooters and
the Gypsy pirate with her two pistols, team slow poke the two peg-leg pirates in the back ground
Frank grabs our first treasure token
My troops advance on the center area were the majority of tokens are.
Mike and I have a bit of a "Mexican stand off"
and neither of us want to be the first to go around the walls and face the others fire.
I get a man in firing position and hope that I win initiative.
Dave Kills one of Franks Musketeers
Two of Mike's soldiers are visible and I win imitative and open fire, Hitting the pirate lass
My officer takes another shot at her...
and down goes the first pirate.
Another shot and another of the scurvy dogs is down.
Mike takes a shot and down goes my second in command.
Frank takes out one of Dave's soldiers getting a little revenge.
In advances the gypsy scout
and lead fills the air as troops close on each other.
I kill the large pirate in hand to hand combat and the Gypsy runs looking for cover to reload her pistol.
She doges shots but is killed in hand to hand..
Franks lone musketeer is holding off Dave's forces on the left
but Dave has suck some men around while mike and I fight it out and grab treasure
the Blunderbuss kills of my men and wounds my commander
My wounded musketeer hits the pirate with the blunderbuss..
then my men rush the peg-leg pirates.
Long range fire exchanged on the left
Mike kills my commander but Frank and my swordsmen kill the blunderbuss pirate
The battle continues and the pirate commander goes down
Then the last pirate goes down and we call the game.  The Frostgrave style game didn't quite work the way we wanted. This game like Frostgrave needs a smaller table.  That said I like the system the hand to hand combat system is the center of the game and less complicated then it looks at first.

No comments:

Post a Comment