Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Elizabeth class Ships of the line

My friend Arofan once again put his 3D printer shipyard into service for me. This time to was a pair of Ships of the Line the HMS Berwick available here after some research I learned the Berwick in question was an Elizabeth class ship of the line. These ships fought in the American Revolution. 
The Berwick was one of two Elizabeth class Ships of the Line that were captured by the French that later fought at Trafalgar.  

The ships print out really nicely but lacked some details on the bow and stern. I used extras from my Warlord ships to address this lack adding figureheads like this mermaid on the Swiftsure.
I also added stern plates from Warlord's set to the ships and they really enhance their appearance.
I tried do paint schemes that would work in a variety of navies (the flags are removable). The Swiftsure look more English while the Berwick looks a lot more French but they can work as either antagonists or allies.



3 comments:

  1. These two ships look great! 1/700 scale or 1/1200? Henry Turner designs? Wish I had a friend with a printer! You are fortunate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure but you can get them here https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2153911

      And I am very lucky indeed.

      Delete