Thursday, February 20, 2020

Challenge X Entry #15: Brigs and Brigantine

Three more ships for Black seas. These will be used a merchants and privateers.
Two standard brigs from warlord unlike many of my recent offering I haven't done any “surgery” on these. 
I kept the both ships in "natural" wood colors this one has yellow trim. 
The second has white trim to distinguish it from the other brigs. Both came out looking quite sharp. They will be used a merchant in a scenario I am working on for a game next month. I opted to use the revolutionary period US Flag. The ships flags can be changed out. 
Speaking of Merchants here I present a creation of my own a Brigantine merchant. A ship built from a couple of larger popsicle sticks, with coffee stirrers for the outer hull. The bow is cut down from an extra frigate bow. 
The stern is made from an extra stern plate from a frigate (you get several more bows and sterns in each set) giving it a finished look. She is rigged as a Brigantine a common ship type used for merchants from America. Basically, she is rigged as a brig up front and a schooner in back. For points we've been saying 10 points for the Brigs. The Brigantine is about the same size so another 10 I'll leave the extra points (if any) for flags and scratch building to the Minion. 
-----
By Paul
Some lovely conversion work here Adam. I love that rather than "nailing your colours to the mast", you have made the flags interchangeable. I'm sure their captains appreciate the opportunity to pull a ruse de guerre or two! 40 points for you Sir, including some bonuses for the additional work and details

No comments:

Post a Comment