Tuesday, February 4, 2020

ACW Campaing Battle 1861.

Dearest Mother Just writing you a few lines to let you know I still live despite having been in the thick of the action near Manasses Virginia.  We were deployed on the right of our lines atop a hill owned by the Henry family.
The Yankees made an attack on our left but our our artillery and the good shooting of the troops form Louisianan and South Carolina broke up their attack.
We Texans advanced on the right and our lead regiment was thrown back in confusion but
We quickly rallied and fired into the advancing Yankees
We exchanged volleys with the federals at close range and there were many dead and wounded on both sides.  I am happy to say that I have escaped unharmed.  My love to you and all at home.
After the battle I got three See the Elephant cards promoting troops from green to regular and a new unit of regular infantry.

4 comments: