Friday, September 7, 2018

Bones Mausoleum

 This was one of the pieces that got me to take part in the Reaper Kickstarter Bones III.  Its a great light weight plastic building that will go well on many tables.
 I chose to make mine look weathered but well preserved (suspiciously well preserved)
 The roof came out great I did it in bronze because the sculpting looked metallic to me.  I then created a yellow green wash to make it look tarnished.
 The sides I did in Black, gold and silver bright and shiny
The floor is done with a darker wash and less dry brushing. I did the circle with red to make it a bit spookier.
The opening door works great I wish they had put similar thought it the roof.  It slots into place well enough but it doesn't lift out easily which will be a bit of a pain on the table.  The large number of sculls gives this a bit of Game Workshop look but that's a minor flaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment