Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Tumbling Dice: Napoleonic Warships

The Tumbling Dice Napoleonic Squadron.  Eight ships Seven ships of the line and one frigate.
The Flag ship is a massive 120 Gun ship of the line.  That's a big man of war.
I'm very pleased with the sculpt especially the inclusion of rat lines which help make these ships look more realistic than the other models I have.
I followed the painting guide lines in the Trafalgar book and the ships really came out well.
A pair of large 3rd rate ships of the line, tumbling dice calls them 80 gun ships of the line.
A pair of average 3rd rates 74s according to the Tumbling dice web site
A 64 gun ship of the line on the left and 50 gun "4th Rate" ship of the line that I will probably consider a second 64.
Finally the frigate I think its ASN10 at 38/40 gun frigate.
I think these will work with my Figurehead miniatures.  This is the Figure head 65 and the Tumbling Dice 50 gun ship.  They seem to be a reasonable match.  The Figure head ship looks a little smaller perhaps more delicate.
Since ships of different countries (or even from different builders) could have different designs I suppose they will work well enough.  The lack of ratlines on the Figurehead ships is pretty obvious... and really detracts form their appearance.

No comments:

Post a Comment