Friday, December 3, 2021

French Ship of Renowned Argonaute

The last of the French Ships of Renowned the Argonaute.  To paraphrase a quote Renowned? Warlord keep using that word I don't think it means what you think it means!

Seriously this ship had a very limited career built in 1798 she took part in an expedition Saito-Domingo in 1802, which being during the Peace of Amiens meant no naval action was action. She then took part in the battle of Trafalgar, she did well enough there to actually escape but was too damaged to get out of Cadiz before the British could blockade the port. She was exchanged to the Spanish and seems to have dropped out of history.  I think I could come up with a few ships with more distinguished histories if Warlord does another box. 

The sword wielding angel figure head looks great and is my favorite feature of this ship.
There stern gallery of the ship is probably my least favorite of this set but still its quite nice and helps the ship stand out. I think it may be time to do anther State of the Fleets report. 


1 comment: